Are you looking for an asphalt tanking specialist? Heritage Asphalt provide a full asphalt tanking and basement waterproofing service. For FREE estimates and technical advice get in touch with us today using our contact form or call us on 0207 781 8150.
Using Asphalt Tanking to waterproof your basement will allow you to benefit from a material which provides an underground waterproofing membrane. Not only this but mastic asphalt will not degrade and will reliably perform for years.
Mastic asphalt is the finest quality membrane for resisting underground moisture penetration. Its damp proofing qualities and proven track record make it the natural choice for the specifier.
As with all mastic asphalt applications, asphalt tanking basements need to be installed by professional tradesman.
• Carbon Zero Rating.
• Has proven itself as a taking system over many decades.
• Extremely durable tanking material.
• Excellent Damp Proofing Properties often referred to as “The King of Waterproofing”.
• Prevents your property from suffering structural damage. This is because the tanking of your basement will not allow water to seep into your properties structural and causing structural issues.
• Protects your basement floor from cracks due to ground water rising up causing swelling.
• Basement Floor is protected from cracks occurring due to ground water swelling up.
• Save money by reducing your heating bills. This is achieved my reducing humidity levels in your property.
• Stops you suffering the destruction of your Basement Flooding
• 20% of insurance claims are as a result of water damage. Tanking your basement can substantially reduce the cost of an insurance claims you suffer.
Mastic Asphalt is a highly versatile material used in the construction industry for tanking waterproofing. Manufactured and delivered in block form and then exposed to extremely high temperatures, in a mastic asphalt mixer it becomes a liquid substance. In molten form in the hands of an asphalt specialist craftsman it can be poured or spread over virtually any surface to provide almost unparalleled waterproofing and strength.
Traditionally comprising of suitably graded limestone and finally course aggregates bound together with refined bitumen and asphaltic cement it has now be reformulated to include advanced polymers for increased durability combining its traditional strengths with modern technology. Spread by hand at its working temperature condition it is an ideal building material for waterproofing both external and internal for areas of tanking, carparks and flooring where a smooth, seamless, durable surface is required.
Referred to by many in the construction industry as “The king of waterproofing” due to its high density, malleability and sheer versatility it is must loves for its ability to hide architectural mishaps and fill the smallest of inaccessible areas from the client eyes so to speak.
Known for its waterproofing on historical buildings properly designed and laid by hands of a skilled craftsman and lasting up to 60 years it is no wonder it has been used on landmarks including the battlement walkways on the Tower of London and for tanking at St Pauls Cathedral1 and Canterbury where we still work today.
Asphalt tanking is one of the oldest systems and is still the best. Internal or external systems can be applied. External systems are generally used on underground structures.
Mastic asphalt creates a seamless, continuous waterproof lining or ‘tanking’, to both the floors and foundations. Both of which are in direct and continuous contact with the earth. And need to be suitably protected from any moisture rising up. This is particularly important as areas such as London which have numerous below surface level streams.
Acid resistant tanking can also be used to bond walls and in emergency catchment areas where corrosive liquids are involved. One example of this would be at a battery plant.
• Walls into the floor, externally a concrete base must extend 150ml below floor level asphalt lined in 3 coats 30mm thick. Double fillet sealed upstands and horizontals as standard with a fillet to each layer’s base. Given that the maximum water pressure is known a concrete, strong enough to resist, is laid over as soon as practically possible before any other work occurs.
• When Internal mastic asphalt tanking is applied to basement surfaces, concrete base and the structural walls of brickwork or concrete it should be completed prior to commencement of mastic asphalting.
• Horizontal mastic asphalt complete, the vertical bottom bay of the mastic asphalt and the angle fillets, a protective cement, sand screed must be carefully laid over the mastic asphalt without delay a minimum 50mm thickness of and before the greater part of the vertical mastic asphalt is applied.
• Tanking completed, the structural slab should be laid, and loading walls erected providing they have been pre-designed to with stand the anticipated water at maximum pressure that is.
If you would like a quotation or any information on Asphalt Tanking please get in touch with us or call us now 0207 781 8150. One of our friendly team of asphalt tanking specialists will be happy to help you.
“I found Heritage Asphalt by accident on the Internet. It was a video about asphalting steps. I called Ryun who was very professional and had a great deal of experience and knowledge. The job was booked in straightaway and a team set about taking off old asphalt rebuilding and repairing the big Victorian staircase and then asphalting. The finish was quite amazing, these guys are very skillful at what they do and My husband and I were delighted. They were a professional team really hard working and highly recommend them.” Customer in London
“First class job - very polite. Couldn't have chosen better - highly recommend this company. Thank you.” Mrs Susan Knight
“Perfect service. Will happy use them again if required to.” Trevor Trim
“This company goes 'the extra mile' in both workmanship, customer satisfaction and consideration.” Mrs A Lighterness
“Ryan and team arrived, late afternoon, as agreed, to review balcony, approx. 25m2, 3 sides fed by tiled roof and one long length hand-rail. Problem, 3 leaks in different places from 10yr old asphalt roof. We discussed the problem and Ryun suggested a choice of two plan of action. We found his quotation very acceptable. This work was completed as agreed, in only a few days, to our complete satisfaction. Eight months after completion, I can now report that after a very wet winter, the roof is in a sound state. An excellent job done.” Customer in Cambridge